catch up

For a moment there I was almost blogging in live time but these silly AREs (architectural registration exams) really put a damper on my momentum.  We've completed a few projects this spring/summer but first I owe some 'after' photos from a project we completed last fall- the driveway.  I had progress and completion photos from when we were actually working on the driveway but they were all lost in the great hard drive crash of '11.  Here are some pics I took earlier this spring and I have to say I think Bryce and I were both surprised the driveway was still in such great shape after the winter.  The landscape fabric we used kept the gravel from sinking into the muddy ground and we didn't even have to add more which we assumed we would.  So without further adieu, here's another before which is actually an 'after' (note by the time we got around to this project we'd been driving over that grass for 4 years so picture more of a dirt/mud pit)

and the much after 'after' photo

and just for giggles, here's a photo from when the previous owners were moving out

I explained the process in the last post but here are some close up pics of the gravel blend we put together to add some tans as well as the pavers we used on their sides to act as a border.

And here's the driveway addition looking from the back door of the house.  We didn't want to (and actually probably wouldn't be able to because of regulations) widen the curb cut so we angled the end of the new section.  It's not the easiest park job between the angled entrance and narrow carport but we get our small SUV in there just fine.

Here's a recent photo of the carport as well just to show how the space is utilized these days.  You can also see the door to the garage with updated light fixture and hardware which have been installed throughout the years.  The items stored in the carport here are the trash can, recycling and compost bins (not smelly!).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment