In 1908 a house was built on Second Street in Sandpoint, ID. In 2006 Bryce and I bought that house, only by this time it was on Boyer, its chimney was missing and it was blue. That was the beginning of the big blue project.
We chose the house for its location, historic details and good bones knowing we had a long list of projects ahead of us. The day we were handed the keys we left work at lunchtime to take a look at our new purchase which was then full of shag carpeting, lace curtains and loud paint colors. We spent the next few weeks making the house move-in ready (and getting married!) and since then, the projects haven't stopped.
I had hefty plans to catalogue the work we did and changes we made in a scrapbook, making sure to keep samples of materials to glue to its pages. The project never came to fruition (and let's face it, likely never will) so as a compromise to myself I decided to create a blog to display a few of the 2GB worth of digital photos I have and record the story of our big blue project.
No comments:
Post a Comment