I absolutely love the layout of the first floor. All the square footage split into mainly only 3 rooms, two of which are the most used rooms in the house. I know the style these days is an open floor plan but I really like having the rooms more closed off as it allows the style of furniture and room colors to vary without clashing. My favorite part of the layout is how large the living room is and I gladly have a small bedroom to accommodate it. Of all the gripes about them you'll hear, I must admit the previous owners did make a few great changes to the house. They added sliding glass doors in the dining room and a 28' long deck, half covered, to the side of the house. They also added the bump out to the back which then housed the laundry room, half the bathroom and our mudroom area.
Please note these are rough sketches based on memory alone and although fairly accurate in proportions, definitely not to scale.

The upstairs is a bit cramped but big enough for just the two of us. There are four bedrooms but they're all pretty small as the entire floor is only 6-700 square feet. When we bought the house (and we hadn't yet picked up a paint brush or paid a bill) our big plan was to turn what is now 'guest room 2' and the office into a master suite by adding a bathroom. I think it's still a great plan and would probably still be on the list if we were planning on living here a few more years and...oh yeah..the housing market hadn't tanked.

And now for some photos; please note all colors were more 'vibrant' in person and anything that looks white is likely light teal.. Can you believe we bought this place!
These are the first photos we took of inside of the house, the night after taking possession and promptly de-lacing the windows.
Obviously we had some work to do! We had big plans but no idea how much time, money and elbow grease we were in for.
No comments:
Post a Comment