I wanted to paint the dining room yellow but was vetoed by Bryce so I used it in this room and used the brown I planned on using here in the guest room which worked out for the best since I ended up not liking the brown very much. This room is Behr 'Leightweight Beige' with Behr 'Decorator White' trim.
It's going to get a little picture heavy here for a bit; I have a lot of photos of this room that really show the progress step by step and thought I'd share a bit of what happened between 'before' and 'after'. The order of operations was carpet removal, primer, walls and trim painted, floor sanded, floor finished. The series of photos below start from the doorway and work around the room.
These are looking toward the door into the hallway, the closet is on the right.
These are panned to the right, looking toward the window. The closet is in the left of these photos, the mirrored doors are in the first.
These were taken from the hallway looking thru the door.
These are panned slightly to the right to show the window.
I gave Bryce a sneak peak at the blog before sharing the link and he suggested adding photos of each room to show how the house looks today rather than just more or less finished at the time we moved in. It wasn't really my intention to show anything other than the work we did to the house itself so I've tried to omit any photo with furnishings when possible. I think he made a good point though since many of these 'after' photos don't show the room actually finished as it is today with additional moldings, paint touch ups, new light fixtures, switches etc, much of which was completed within the first few days after moving in. I think I'm going to stick with the chronological order of changes so you'll see how the house looks today in later posts but I am going to share this last, more recent, photo to show the light fixtures we installed in all of the rooms and hallway upstairs.
For comparison, this is what the room actually looked like the day we moved in.
No comments:
Post a Comment